Salary: £60-75,000 p.a depending on experience
carwow is the most convenient, stress-free way to find and buy a new car, at a price you can be confident in. carwow aims to solve the major pain points that buyers and dealers experience in the buying process, putting them in a more powerful position than ever before.
As a result of the recent and anticipated expansion of the company, carwow is looking for a fully qualified accountant with strong experience gained within a fast paced, entrepreneurial business. The Financial Controller will be expected to lead the effective operation and delivery of day-to-day financial controls and processes whilst supporting both the Finance Director and other members of the Leadership Team on company wide projects.
- Manage a team of 4
- Manage a treasury function across the group (cashflow forecasts, forex etc.)
- Setup and management of finance aspects of a subsidiary including setting up accounting teams and bank accounts.
- Lead on audit management
- Provide overall oversight of the transaction and processing systems
- Improve and develop internal management reports in line with the on-going growth of the business
- Maintain and suggest ways to improve our accounting systems and processes
- Oversee payroll, employee benefits and the UK pension scheme
- Assist with the preparation of budgets and reforecasts
- Be a business partner to a number of teams across the business
We’re looking for a strong Financial Controller who can easily deputise for the Finance Director when needed. You will need to have the ability to drive change in a fast growth business, get new concepts quickly and communicate your ideas effectively.
- Over 3 years post qualification experience experience in finance (mostly in businesses undergoing large amounts of change)
- Advanced Excel and financial modelling skills
- Strong communication skills - you can distill complex financial arguments into plain and simple english for everyone to understand
- A high level of attention to detail
- Experience of (or exposure to) working across international jurisdictions desirable but not essential
- Curiosity, you’ll always want to understand the story behind the numbers
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 160+ based in central London and Munich. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £48m in funding since we launched. We are growing revenues in our core market by nearly 2x and following a successful launch in Germany in 2016 we are looking to expand further internationally
We’re relentlessly driven and constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better. If you’re proactive, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
We offer a wide range of benefits, these include:
- A competitive salary
- Equity in the company
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- 5 days additional holiday for new parents a year, for their children’s first 3 years
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working hours with the opportunity to work from home one day a week
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks and an annual ski trip
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- carwow fitness and well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga, netball, football, dodgeball, and tennis