Group Finance Manager
carwow is the most convenient, stress-free way to find and buy a new car, at a price you can be confident in. carwow aims to solve the major pain points that buyers and dealers experience in the buying process, putting them in a more powerful position than ever before.
As a result of the recent and anticipated expansion of the company, carwow is looking for a fully qualified accountant with strong experience gained within a fast paced, entrepreneurial business. The Group Finance Manager will be expected to lead the effective operation and delivery of day-to-day financial controls and processes whilst supporting both the CFO and other members of the Leadership Team on company wide projects.
- Manage and expand the finance team to support the high growth of the company
- Lead on audit management and ensure tax compliance for the Group
- Prepare regular investor reporting packages as well as other financial and operating analyses
- Lead the preparation of budgets and reforecasts
- Manage a treasury function across the group (cashflow forecasts, forex etc.)
- Provide overall oversight of the transaction and processing systems
- Oversee and maintain best practices for our accounting standards, systems and processes
- Setup and management of finance aspects of a subsidiary including setting up accounting teams and bank accounts.
- Oversee payroll, employee benefits and the UK pension scheme
- Be a business partner to a number of teams across the company
We’re looking for a strong Finance Manager who can easily deputise for the CFO when needed. You will need to have the ability to drive change in a fast growth business, get new concepts quickly and communicate your ideas effectively.
- Over 5 years post qualification (ACA or equivalent) experience in finance (mostly in businesses exhibiting high levels of growth)
- Experience with an online and international, multi-country business
- Highly analytical, systematic and organized with strong attention to detail
- Excellent at complex problems that require logical reasoning and creative thinking
- Self-starter with a hands-on mentality and ability to take on tasks independently
- Strong communication skills - you can distil complex financial arguments into plain and simple English for everyone to understand
- Advanced Excel and financial modelling skills
- Curiosity, you’ll always want to understand the story behind the numbers
- Keen to work in a fast-paced, diverse and international environment
We’re a driven, energetic growth-stage company with a team of 200+ based in central London and Munich. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £48m in funding since we launched. We've just been ranked 6th in the Financial Times' Top 1,000 Fastest Growing Companies in Europe.
We’re relentlessly driven and constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better. If you’re proactive, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
We offer a wide range of benefits, these include:
- A competitive salary
- Equity in the company
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- 5 days additional holiday for new parents a year, for their children’s first 3 years
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working hours with the opportunity to work from home one day a week
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks and an annual ski trip
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- carwow fitness and well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga, netball, football, dodgeball, and tennis