Automotive editorial internship
carwow is the most convenient, stress-free way to find and buy a new car, at a price you can be confident in. carwow aims to solve the major pain points that buyers and dealers experience in the buying process, putting them in a more powerful position than ever before. Offering buyers crucial price confidence, a more convenient hassle free way to find and buy the car they want, and an altogether better buying experience. And it's great news for dealers too. Through carwow, our dealer partners sell more cars than they could in the showroom alone, while reducing cost inefficiencies and increasing stock turnover. This means they can pass on great prices to carwow buyers.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 150+ based in central London and Munich. We are backed by Europe’s leading VCs including: Balderton Capital, Accel, Vitruvian Partners, Episode 1 and Samos. We’ve raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re relentlessly driven and constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better. If you’re proactive, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
carwow is looking for a budding young journalist to play a crucial part in our editorial team for three months, starting as soon as possible.
You’ll be a talented writer with a keen eye for a news story, as well as the ability to craft accurate, grammatically correct and engaging features. Ideally you'll already have written for a motoring outlet, or even started your own blog or website.
Not only will you get fantastic experience in one of the most forward-thinking motoring editorial teams, but you'll get paid to learn everything from ninja Wordpress skills to seriously on-point SEO technique – with a dash of Photoshop in the mix too.
You'll also learn how good writing and great images work together to create engaging content – knowledge that’ll put you well ahead of your peers.
To be successful you’ll have bags of enthusiasm, good ideas and a keenness to learn what modern online journalism takes – and you'll be based in our swanky offices in Holborn, London.
In return, we’ll pay you £76.50 per day and make you an integral part of an enthusiastic young team powering the fastest-growing UK motoring website. We'll even let you beat us at table tennis.
- Be a graduate in, or partway through a journalism or English degree. Equivalent NCTJ training is a big bonus
- Have peerless spelling and grammar skills
- Be a proven fact checker
- Have a can-do attitude
- Have knowledge of the UK car market. You’ll know your A3 Sportback from your Sandero, and your C3 Aircross from your C4 Cactus. We're less interested in the fuel flow rate of a Bugatti Chiron…
- Have basic Photoshop skills (not a necessity, but useful)
- Have familiarity with Macs and general computer literacy
The successful applicant will get the chance to gain unmissable first-hand experience of a fast-paced startup that’s growing rapidly. No two weeks are the same at carwow, and this will be as far removed from your usual ‘fetch the tea and coffee’ journalism internship as you could imagine. We do have great coffee though, and go to Five Guys more than is probably healthy.
Why should I join carwow?
We offer a wide range of benefits, these include:
- A competitive salary - £76.50 per day
- A dog-friendly office in Holborn, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks and an annual ski trip
- A wide variety of learning and development opportunities, including German classes and coding lessons from our very own developers
- carwow sports teams open to anyone in the office, these include sports such as; netball, football and tennis