carwow is the most convenient, stress-free way to find and buy a new car, at a price you can be confident in. carwow aims to solve the major pain points that buyers, manufacturers and dealers experience in the buying process, putting them in a more powerful position than ever before. Offering buyers crucial price confidence, a more convenient hassle free way to find and buy the car they want, and an altogether better buying experience. And it's great news for dealers and manufacturers too. Through carwow, our dealer partners sell more cars than they could in the showroom alone, while reducing cost inefficiencies and increasing stock turnover. This means they can pass on great prices to carwow buyers.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 140+ based in central London and Munich. We are backed by Europe’s leading VCs including:
- Balderton Capital (Betfair, LOVEFiLM, Citymapper, MySQL)
- Accel (Facebook, Spotify, Dropbox, Groupon)
- Vitruvian Partners (JustEat, Skyscanner, Trustpilot)
- Episode 1 (Zoopla, Shazam, LOVEFiLM)
- Samos (Ocado, Betfair, PKR)
We’ve raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re relentlessly driven and constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better. If you’re proactive, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
We’re looking for a sharp and talented News Editor to join carwow’s successful automotive editorial team.
The News Editor is responsible for writing, editing, commissioning, managing and promoting carwow’s substantial – and successful – written news content and car buying guides.
- The bulk of the job will be making sure our car-buying content is up-to-date and well optimised – this could include everything from organising new list posts, reporting on breaking consumer-related car news or commissioning rewrites of current content.
- You’ll be a sharp news writer, able to write to the carwow house style, and have a keen eye for detail when editing copy from other members of the team – you’ll also know which pictures to choose to grab readers’ attention, and that fit with our house style.
- You’ll be comfortable representing carwow at occasional car launches and industry events – although this isn’t a test driving role. You’ll need to build good working relationships with the PR departments of all the major car manufacturers to ensure we are always kept in the loop of upcoming new car reveals and launches – and you’ll maintain a schedule of when new cars will be revealed and when they’re available to drive in the UK.
- You’ll also proactively source information, pictures and video assets and inform social media and video teams to ensure we are first with all major car news stories and reviews across all of our platforms. You’ll also work closely with our video team, sometimes writing and editing scripts to help create unique content for the site and social media channels.
- That’s not all – as News Editor you’ll be a key stakeholder representing the content team to our commercial and marketing colleagues, helping create content to meet the wider needs of the carwow business.
- This is a full-time role based in our London office, although attending national and international events will occasionally be required.
- Experienced automotive journalist with strong knowledge of current UK cars
- Excellent news writing skills
- Good relationships with automotive PR teams
- Strong SEO knowledge – you’ll know about page titles, meta descriptions and potential pitfalls when creating lots of car content. You’ll have a good idea of what content gets traffic through Google search
- Self-starting attitude
- Some experience with a CMS
- Basic Photoshop and HTML skills are desirable
- Experience managing a small team is desirable, but not essential
We offer a wide range of benefits, these include:
- A competitive salary
- Equity in the company
- A dog-friendly office in Holborn, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks and an annual ski trip
- A wide variety of learning and development opportunities, including German classes and coding lessons from our very own developers
- carwow sports teams open to anyone in the office, these include sports such as; netball, football and tennis