carwow makes choosing and buying your perfect car easy and enjoyable. By comparing the best offers from our top local and national dealers, you get the car you want, from the dealer you like best, at a price that’s right for you.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London (Victoria), Munich and Madrid. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We've just been ranked 6th in the Financial Times' Top 1000 Fastest Growing Companies in Europe. We’re relentlessly driven and constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better. If you’re proactive, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
We are looking for Senior Developers to join our experienced Software Engineering team of 30+ in modern offices in London, Victoria.
What about the product teams?
We're growing and we need to add additional skills and thinking to our Product teams. We like people who speak up and want to work within a truly collaborative environment. You’ll be collaborating with people from different departments, who make up your product team. So, that means you’ll be working with Product Managers, Data Scientists/ Analysts, Developers, and Designers.
Our Development teams work within a fluid Agile environment with occasional pair programming. Well structured, readable code and a strong emphasis on TDD are key to us here.Our site has over 2 million unique visitors per month, usability, data science & analytics and performance are key to us in order to remain competitive in the modern tech scene.
We are pro-OpenSource here and actively encourage our Developers to keep up to date with the latest tech trends. We can’t promise that you’ll be working with the latest Angular framework or whatever might be trending at the time but if it makes sense for the business and it will improve our products then our question is “Why not?”.
Continuous learning is extremely important to us and we’re keen to learn and have regular study groups - at the moment we are running an internal weekly Elixir coding dojo.
Every Friday, our team of Developers are given the freedom to take a break from the backlog and work on something of interest that contributes to the technical maturity and stability of our codebase. This could be by refactoring a particularly tricky part of the codebase, exploring a new framework to solve some our existing problems or even developing a new tool to help make life easier for the team.
● Significant previous experience of working with a dynamic web-based programming language (e.g. Ruby, Python, or PHP)
● Proven experience of TDD
● Proven track record of thinking through and delivering technical solutions for business problems
● Experience of working as part of an Agile product team
● Experience of leading projects
● Experience of building and scaling web applications
● Good communication skills - you can you get your idea across verbally in a manner that developers, analysts, product managers and designers will all understand.
- A brand new laptop — developers usually use Macbook Pros or Dell XPS 13s with their favourite flavour of Linux (feel free to ask for what allows you to do your job best)
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces (let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here)
- A budget towards peripherals and equipment (most of our developers end up getting mechanical keyboards with theirs)
- Want training? We’ve got weekly German language classes, presentation skills training, management training and yoga classes
- Flexible working offered
- Full-time and part-time positions available
- Competitive salary and you'll receive equity in the business
- 25 days holiday, a training budget and work from home 1 day a week
- A chance to work in a truly data-driven environment. We A/B test extensively and data is core to our decision making process
- Get to work with a highly experienced team on a high traffic site
- Continuous delivery - every push to master goes straight to production (assuming the tests have passed!)
- Regular team lunches, free fruit and fancy coffee on tap (and tea!)
- Annual company ski trip - this year we went to Austria!
- A sociable team with monthly office-wide events - check out our Instagram
- Friday wine/beers
- Netball, football, tennis and dodgeball teams