Head of PPC
carwow is the most convenient, stress-free way to find and buy a new car, at a price you can be confident in. carwow aims to solve the major pain points that buyers and dealers experience in the buying process, putting them in a more powerful position than ever before.
Offering buyers crucial price confidence, a more convenient hassle free way to find and buy the car they want, and an altogether better buying experience. And it is great news for dealers too. Through carwow, our dealer partners sell more cars than they could in the showroom alone, while reducing cost inefficiencies and increasing stock turnover. This means they can pass on great prices to carwow buyers.
We’re a driven, high-energy startup with a team of 160+ based in central London and Munich, with new offices opening in 2018. We are backed by Europe’s leading VCs including:
- Balderton Capital (Betfair, LOVEFiLM, Citymapper, MySQL)
- Accel (Facebook, Spotify, Dropbox, Groupon)
- Vitruvian Partners (JustEat, Skyscanner, Trustpilot)
- Episode 1 (Zoopla, Shazam, LOVEFiLM)
- Samos (Ocado, Betfair, PKR)
We’ve raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re driven and constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better. If you’re enthusiastic, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
We're looking for a Head of PPC to be responsible for the growth and optimisation of our Paid Search activity. This will include both hands-on daily optimisation of campaigns, as well as providing more top level strategic direction including analysing data, running tests, collaborating on projects and identifying opportunities to improve and scale performance. Paid Search is a huge volume driver for carwow. We’re proud of our PPC account and we work closely with our Marketing Data Science and Trading teams to ensure we’re always optimising and innovating.
Saying this, there is a huge opportunity to test and grow so you won’t be short of opportunities to make your mark on the future of the business as a whole. The successful candidate will be highly analytical with a proven track record of making data-driven decisions in a fast-paced client-side environment. We want a superstar, and in return we’ll offer you a friendly environment that is genuinely data-focused and on top of cutting-edge trends in the market.
As well as optimising our already large UK account, key part of this role will be setting the strategy for entering new markets , both in the UK and abroad, and ensuring we are a global PPC team, using best practices across all countries.
As Head of PPC your duties will include:
- Manage PPC across carwow, including strategy, planning, tracking, reporting, analysis and optimisation to ensure delivery against specific KPIs across all markets
- Identifying opportunities to improve and scale performance via a mix of new techniques and efficiency gains as well as having a big input on our attribution methodology
- Work with the development and product teams to help with any A/B tests where appropriate as well as coming up with ideas on how we can make things better
- Keyword research and proactively monitoring the latest industry trends
- Helping to refine our bid management approach, with a focus on both new users and reactivating existing ones
- Work with the wider marketing, trading and data teams on strategy, forecasting and messaging
- Working closely with our Google and Bing account managers to ensure we’re constantly testing new betas and are at the forefront of Paid Search.
- Hands-on PPC experience (for the last few years) and a proven track record in running successful search campaigns, ideally in a marketplace, e-commerce or travel company
- Must have worked client-side for at least a couple of years with experience of communicating with all levels of the business
- Highly analytical, inquisitive and target driven with the proven ability to deliver ROI from PPC campaigns
- Thorough understanding of Bid Management tools (ideally Marin but others are fine too) and experience of setting a successful bid management strategy
- Knowledge of conversion paths (particularly long and complicated paths to conversion!) and how they work as part of a PPC strategy
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Experience in managing at least six figure monthly budgets
- Experience in managing a team
- Technically minded with strong knowledge of tagging, tracking and attribution
- Highly motivated, self-starter with a positive outlook and a friendly attitude
- Passion for excellence and constantly looking for ways to improve
- Proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills
- Good at absorbing large amounts of information, with a general hunger for learning
- Innovative and creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach to problem solving
Nice to haves:
- Numerical based degree (Maths, Physics, Economics etc..)
- SQL knowledge (or Python/R for extra brownie points)
- Fluent in other languages
- Having an interest in cars is not a requirement!
You’re a proactive data-nerd, constantly curious with an eye on always making things better. You should enjoy getting stuck into the detail of your accounts and be comfortable with managing the day-to-day running of them whilst still maintaining a focus on the bigger picture. There’ll be lots of things to get stuck into, so skills in prioritising and having a diligent, positive attitude will get you far. You should be obsessed with your numbers and have a laser focus on CPCs, CTRs, CVRs, CPLs, CPAs and LTVs, while always looking to innovate and improve performance.
We believe diversity of experience (whether that be personal or professional), contributes to a broader perspective and will lead to a better company with highly innovative products and solutions. We’re working hard to increase the diversity of our team and be more inclusive, so if you’re not sure you fit the criteria, why not get in touch? We value confidence whilst being humble, so are keen to meet those with talent who will add value to our team.
We offer a wide range of benefits, these include:
- A competitive salary
- Equity in the company
- A dog-friendly office in Holborn, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks and an annual ski trip
- A wide variety of learning and development opportunities, including German classes and coding lessons from our very own developers
- carwow sports teams open to anyone in the office, these include sports such as; netball, football and tennis