At carwow, we’re aiming to create the best car-buying experience in the world. Buying a car is normally the 2nd biggest financial decision people face (after buying a house), and it’s a complex one. There are many issues people face throughout the process, and we aim to fix them.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by Daimler and some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £75m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better, so if you’re curious, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge. We're not all petrolheads, we're just relentlessly driven and passionate about creating the best car buying experience for consumers.
We’re looking for a great Data Scientist to join our central data team. We work across functions (Product, Marketing, Supply & BI) on impactful projects, such as Marketing incrementality, TV measurement, PPC bidding, user conversion, propensity modelling, product experimentation, supply acquisition and network health scoring, sales forecasting and churn prediction, NLP and offer algorithm tuning.
We strive to find the best balance between technical skills and commercial nous to create significant value to carwow. You will work within a team of 10 Data Scientists & Analysts with an initial focus on Business Intelligence. This means you will develop an unhealthy obsession with our user & dealer cohorts, help us forecast our sales lag & compression, engineer data sources & create top-notch visualisation, promote data self-service across functions at carwow, deep dive into commercial performance to understand drivers of conversion and improve our in-house Data Science apps (e.g. PPC bidding algorithm, A/B testing app, user flow app etc.). Data Scientists in our team will also be able to work on a variety of projects and across disciplines.
We work with well-maintained data, use great technology (our stack is documented here) and have one of the richest data sources in automotive. The right candidate is self-driven, has a passion for data and above all is excited about putting Data Science at the heart of carwow.
- Degree in Statistics/ Mathematics, Computer Science or similar field
- 3+ years proven track record of making a business impact with Data Science
- Extensive experience using Data and Analytics to drive business decisions
- Excellent SQL, RDB and data structures knowledge
- Strong Python and/or R
- Proficiency with Git workflow and experience contributing to shared code bases
- Experience of working with Tableau or similar
- Keen interest in data engineering and Business Intelligence
- A competitive salary and equity in the company
- Private medical health insurance and subsidised gym membership
- Competitive maternity, paternity leave and return to work policy
- 26 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks, and an annual ski trip
- carwow fitness & well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga lessons, squash, football, and tennis
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces (let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here)