carwow is the most convenient, stress-free way to find and buy a new car, at a price you can be confident in. carwow aims to solve the major pain points that buyers and dealers experience in the buying process, putting them in a more powerful position than ever before. Offering buyers crucial price confidence, a more convenient hassle free way to find and buy the car they want, and an altogether better buying experience. And it's great news for dealers too. Through carwow, our dealer partners sell more cars than they could in the showroom alone, while reducing cost inefficiencies and increasing stock turnover. This means they can pass on great prices to carwow buyers.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 180+ based in central London (Victoria), Munich and Paris. We are backed by Europe’s leading VCs including:
- Balderton Capital (Betfair, LOVEFiLM, Citymapper, MySQL)
- Accel (Facebook, Spotify, Dropbox, Groupon)
- Vitruvian Partners (JustEat, Skyscanner, Trustpilot)
- Episode 1 (Zoopla, Shazam, LOVEFiLM)
- Samos (Ocado, Betfair, PKR)
We’ve raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re relentlessly driven and constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better. If you’re proactive, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
We love providing a fantastic user experience, and a large part of why we've been so successful so far is through exceptional design and development. We're now looking to hire a permanent Front-end Engineer to help improve our process, to:
- Work with product designers and developers to deliver the best experience for our users
- Troubleshoot production UI issues
- Provide suggestions for process improvement
Maintain front-end development guidelines and work with the product designers and developers to ensure consistency across the site.
- Strong HTML and CSS (SASS) skills (responsive/mobile design should be a given)
- A good understanding of at least one CSS organisation patterns like SMACSS, BEM, etc.
- Able to use git or other source control system proficiently (Surely you have a Github account)
- Be comfortable working in quick weekly iterations
- Work well in small, agile teams delivering incredible results
- A good sense of what is good usability, and ability to suggest interactions that fit our user base
- Strong UX skills and the ability to work closely with designers to create sites with a great experience for the audience
- Thrive in an environment that is changing and dynamic, has tight deadlines, and involves working on multiple projects at all stages of production
- Previous experience working in cross-functional project teams
Nice to have:
- Basic experience with some server side tech like Ruby on Rails, PHP, etc.
- Experience or knowledge of functional programming languages like Elm http://elm-lang.org/
- Strong understanding of page speed optimisation
- Familiar and/or willing to work in other languages/frameworks/syntaxes (Ruby, Rails, PHP, Laravel)
- Experience managing a living style-guide (e.g. http://rizzo.lonelyplanet.com, http://styleguide.carwow.co.uk)
We offer a wide range of benefits, these include:
- A competitive salary
- Equity in the company
- A dog-friendly office in London, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks and an annual ski trip
- A wide variety of learning and development opportunities, including German classes and coding lessons from our very own developers
- carwow sports teams open to anyone in the office, these include sports such as; netball, football and tennis