Product & Strategy Internship (paid)
Start date: Immediately
At carwow, we’re aiming to create the best car-buying experience in the world. Buying a car is normally the 2nd biggest financial decision people face (after buying a house), and it’s a hugely complex one. There are many issues people face throughout the process, and we aim to fix them. We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better, so if you’re curious, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
As our Product & Strategy intern, you will join our New Product teams, working primarily with Product Managers and leaders on the proposition/commercial development side to launch new products.
You will be:
- Supporting the team with operational processes and analysis tasks to drive the success of new product launches
- Contributing to the leasing and used car feeds process, working to transform data and ensuring accuracy on the carwow website
- Carrying out performance analysis, distilling relevant insights to help drive growth through interacting with product and account managers
- Attending weekly New Product focus meetings to understand and track progress, supporting cross functionality between teams
- Helping review interactions with dealers and customers, ensuring enquiry handling best practice is maintained
- Using data analysis for deck creation, ready for client facing meetings
- Working with senior members of the team with experience in The Boston Consulting Group, Morgan Stanley, PwC
This role offers a great deal of autonomy with the chance to add significant experience to your CV from one of the most exciting areas of the business. As ever there is always the possibility of a full position for the right person.
Examples of previous intern projects
Developing a new revenue model for the leasing team.
Developing progress strategy for used car finance.
Defining the dashboard and KPIs for a new Product team.
- You have excelled academically at university (preferably in the field of Engineering, Business and Economics, or Mathematics) with a minimum of a 2:1 grade
- You're an ambitious self-starter, quick learner with an entrepreneurial mindset
- You're creative with the confidence to pursue your own ideas and drive them forward
- You possess an excellent level of numerical competency and the ability to work capably with Excel (or learn really fast)
- You enjoy building relationships and working with lots of different business areas
- You're passionate about startups
- Right to work in the UK - Sorry, we are not able to sponsor visas for this role
Joining this small, but fast growing team, we need someone who is adaptable to change and able to tackle tasks and responsibilities as they arise.
- Competitive salary dependant on experience
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks, and whole company, international events (we’ve been skiing to Austria and France and hosted our very own carwow Olympics)
- carwow fitness and well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga lessons, squash, football, and tennis
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces (let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here)
At carwow, we believe diversity of experience (whether that be personal or professional), contributes to a broader perspective and will lead to a more innovative company. We’re working hard to increase the diversity of our team and be more inclusive, so if you’re not sure you fit all of the requirements, why not get in touch? Above all, we’re looking for people with drive who share our company values (you can view them here).