Marketing Data Scientist
carwow is the most convenient, stress-free way to find and buy a new car, at a price you can be confident in. carwow aims to solve the major pain points that buyers, manufacturers and dealers experience in the buying process, putting them in a more powerful position than ever before. Offering buyers crucial price confidence, a more convenient hassle free way to find and buy the car they want, and an altogether better buying experience. And it's great news for dealers and manufacturers too. Through carwow, our dealer partners sell more cars than they could in the showroom alone, while reducing cost inefficiencies and increasing stock turnover. This means they can pass on great prices to carwow buyers.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 140+ based in central London and Munich. We are backed by Europe’s leading VCs including:
- Balderton Capital (Betfair, LOVEFiLM, Citymapper, MySQL)
- Accel (Facebook, Spotify, Dropbox, Groupon)
- Vitruvian Partners (JustEat, Skyscanner, Trustpilot)
- Episode 1 (Zoopla, Shazam, LOVEFiLM)
- Samos (Ocado, Betfair, PKR)
We’ve raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re relentlessly driven and constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better. If you’re proactive, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
Efficient and well-optimised marketing activity is essential for us to continue our impressive rate of growth. Improvements must be driven across all areas of marketing, from acquisition and retention through to re-engagement, both across our established channels, such as PPC, YouTube and TV, and through development of newer channels such as Social and Display.
We’re looking for a deeply technical Marketing Data Scientist to join our Marketing Analytics team and take a key role in driving these improvements through sophisticated analytics, automation and development of our marketing tech. You will have a massive impact by helping to drive forward and prioritise efforts within existing initiatives such as user segmentation & personalisation, attribution, ATL measurement, automated bidding and many others while also exploring and proposing potential new opportunities.
You will be expected to bring scientific rigour, strong technical skills and a business mindset to these problems and work closely with many team across the business including our core marketing teams (performance, brand, CRM, editorial & video), product teams and finance team. You will also have a role in mentoring more junior members of the team.
- 3+ years of research, consulting or industry experience
- Entrepreneurial attitude: you see your job as making an impact, not completing tasks
- Expertise in ATL & BTL marketing, attribution, reporting and tracking
- Commercial programming experience (ideally Python or R)
- Excellent SQL (Ideally PostgreSQL / Amazon Redshift)
- Good statistical knowledge (Bayesian, regression, optimisation, etc)
- Ability to communicate the results of a complex analysis in a way that makes it understandable to a non-technical audience
We believe diversity of experience (whether that be personal or professional), contributes to a broader perspective and will lead to a better company with highly innovative products and solutions. We’re working hard to increase the diversity of our team and be more inclusive, so if you’re not sure you fit the criteria, why not get in touch? We value confidence whilst being humble, so are keen to meet those with talent who are the right fit.
We offer a wide range of benefits, these include:
- A competitive salary
- Equity in the company
- A dog-friendly office in Holborn, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks and an annual ski trip
- A wide variety of learning and development opportunities, including German classes and coding lessons from our very own developers
- carwow sports teams open to anyone in the office, these include sports such as; netball, football and tennis