Spain Country Manager
carwow is the most convenient, stress-free way to find and buy a new car, at a price you can be confident in. carwow aims to solve the major pain points that buyers and dealers experience in the buying process, putting them in a more powerful position than ever before. Offering buyers crucial price confidence, a more convenient hassle free way to find and buy the car they want, and an altogether better buying experience. And it's great news for dealers too. Through carwow, our dealer partners sell more cars than they could in the showroom alone, while reducing cost inefficiencies and increasing stock turnover. This means they can pass on great prices to carwow buyers.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 140+ based in central London and Munich. We are backed by Europe’s leading VCs including:
- Balderton Capital (Betfair, LOVEFiLM, Citymapper, MySQL)
- Accel (Facebook, Spotify, Dropbox, Groupon)
- Vitruvian Partners (JustEat, Skyscanner, Trustpilot)
- Episode 1 (Zoopla, Shazam, LOVEFiLM)
- Samos (Ocado, Betfair, PKR)
We’ve raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re relentlessly driven and constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better. If you’re proactive, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
As one of the UK’s fastest-growing startups and with a German business quickly following in the UK’s footsteps, carwow is now seeking an exceptional leader to spearhead our entry into the Spanish market. Reporting to the COO and working closely with peers across a global product and marketing organisation, the Country Manager’s role will include:
- Building on the learnings from UK and Germany to quickly grow carwow into the leading destination for new car buyers and the preferred platform for the industry in Spain
- Leveraging carwow’s strategic playbook to shape the rollout strategy
- Establishing a local market office and associated functions
- Hiring and developing a team of exceptional individuals across sales, marketing, customer service and related functions
- Getting stuck in to do whatever it takes to get the carwow business under way, from cold-calling dealers to ordering more paper for the printer
- Identifying and communicating key product requirements for market entry, and working closely with the COO and Product Director to prioritise and execute these
- Regularly liaising with central marketing team to ensure performance and brand marketing strategies are optimised for Spain
- Being the market- and media-facing figurehead for carwow in Spain
- Assuming responsibility for country P&L (revenues and key cost lines), and delivering regular updates on country performance to the CEO and the Board
The ideal candidate will have:
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical ability
- Strong leadership qualities and the ability to inspire and motivate teams
- Proven track record of delivering against targets and objectives
- Highly entrepreneurial, probably with past experience of involvement in early-stage startups
- Experience of marketplace / platform business models highly desirable
- Fluency in English as well as Spanish
- Willingness to travel to UK / other countries on a regular basis (e.g. monthly)
- Strong carwow cultural fit - determination, will-to-win and a desire to always “make it better”, while treating people with respect and nurturing a sense of fun!
- Must be based in (or willing to relocate to) Madrid
- Knowledge of - or experience of working in - the automotive industry is a bonus, but not a requirement.
- Highly competitive salary and generous equity incentives