At carwow, we’re aiming to create the best car-buying experience in the world. Buying a car is normally the 2nd biggest financial decision people face (after buying a house), and it’s a complex one. There are many issues people face throughout the process, and we aim to fix them.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by Daimler and some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £75m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better, so if you’re curious, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge. We're not all petrolheads, we're just relentlessly driven and passionate about creating the best car buying experience for consumers.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for experienced Clojure Engineers to work in a new engineering led team to help build out our core platform. The team will work on a greenfield project to build services managing our core data and pricing calculations to enable our product teams to iterate quickly on consumer facing features.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to help build a new team from the ground up and play a key role in the adoption of Clojure at carwow. You'll have the opportunity to guide and mentor our existing engineers in the ways of Clojure whilst being supported by a fantastic leadership team.
Why you should work at carwow
Our Development teams work within a fluid Agile environment. Well structured, readable code and a strong emphasis on TDD are key to us here. Our site has over 3 million unique visitors per month, usability, data science & analytics and performance are key to us in order to remain competitive in the modern tech scene.
Continuous learning is extremely important to us and we’re keen to learn and have regular study groups - at the moment we are running an internal weekly Elm coding dojo. In addition, we have a team culture of open-mindedness that allows you to have your opinions and insights be heard, considered and tried.
- A brand new laptop — developers usually use Macbook Pros or Dell XPS 13s with their favourite flavour of Linux (feel free to ask for what allows you to do your job best)
- A competitive salary and equity in the company
- 26 days holiday, plus bank holidays on top
- Private medical health insurance and subsidised gym membership
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Regular lunch & learn sessions with a wide range of external, inspiring speakers
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks, and whole company, international events (we’ve been skiing to Austria and France and hosted our very own carwow Olympics)
- carwow fitness and well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga lessons, squash, football, and tennis
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces - let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here
At carwow, we believe diversity of experience (whether that be personal or professional), contributes to a broader perspective and will lead to a more innovative company. We’re working hard to increase the diversity of our team and be more inclusive, so if you’re not sure you fit all of the requirements, why not get in touch? Above all, we’re looking for people with drive who share our company values (you can view them here).