At carwow, we’re aiming to create the best car-buying experience in the world. Buying a car is normally the 2nd biggest financial decision people face (after buying a house), and it’s a complex one. There are many issues people face throughout the process, and we aim to fix them.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better, so if you’re curious, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
We’re looking for a CRM Manager to join our team name team in London Victoria.
Working closely with the Head of Marketing, you will be involved in the creation, planning and execution of promotional CRM campaigns, as well as all of our transactional email journeys.
With an eye on both operational functionality and creativity, the right person will be as comfortable talking about deliverability as they are at feeding in to a creative design brief.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Ownership of the CRM consumer journey both in marketing and automated emails:
- Development, Implementation and execution of marketing and automated email campaigns (Conversion cycle / Early life cycle / Reactivation cycle) - planning, brief creation, back and forth interaction with main stakeholders (trading /marketing / legal / data), creation of emails, creation of all segmentation, analysis and optimisation
- Review and optimisation – triggering, copy and design - of all existing promotional and transactional communication
- Managing the CRM campaigns analysis, reporting and presenting performance metrics to internal and external stakeholders
- Manage and improve email deliverability metrics
- Supporting other parts of the business with partner campaigns and requests
- Managing relationships with third party partners
- Work together with international CRM teams to exchange knowledge and apply best practices across all territories (UK, Germany and Spain)
Working with other teams
Building strong cross-functional relationships across all business areas is essential in delivering successful marketing and automated emails. The CRM Manager will use their influencing and negotiating skills to create powerful working relationships with team members across Data / Trading / Product and Design.
The CRM Manager shares responsibility for the performance and development of Marketing Intern (with the Head of B2B Marketing)
The CRM Manager will have the following competencies and attributes:
- Hands-on knowledge of database mining, list segmentation, contact targeting
- Working knowledge of Iterable or similar ESP
- Previous experience with long cycle CRM programmes
- Be technically and analytically minded with a creative eye
- Working knowledge of email deliverability best practices
- Advanced communication skills, including with senior stakeholders
- Ability to layer creative thinking over functional / data led strategy and optimisation
- Be a self-starter who likes to use their own initiative and takes ownership for their own projects
- A “do-er” who isn’t afraid to get stuck in
- Experience with app push notifications a plus, but not required
- Ideally have 2-3 years experience in a similar role
- A competitive salary and equity in the company
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays on top
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Regular lunch & learn sessions with a wide range of external, inspiring speakers
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks, and whole company, international events (we’ve been skiing to Austria and France and hosted our very own carwow Olympics)
- carwow fitness and well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga lessons, squash, football, and tennis
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces - let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here
At carwow, we believe diversity of experience (whether that be personal or professional), contributes to a broader perspective and will lead to a more innovative company. We’re working hard to increase the diversity of our team and be more inclusive, so if you’re not sure you fit all of the requirements, why not get in touch? Above all, we’re looking for people with drive who share our company values (you can view them here).