Business Intelligence Manager
At carwow, we’re aiming to create the best car-buying experience in the world. Buying a car is normally the 2nd biggest financial decision people face (after buying a house), and it’s a complex one. There are many issues people face throughout the process, and we aim to fix them.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better, so if you’re curious, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
This is a crucial role for carwow. You will join our fast growing Data function and will take our business insights, reporting infrastructure and visualisation to the next level. BI touches every part of our business, so you need to be able to liaise with heads of functions, engineering & product teams, data scientists and external partners, such as car manufacturers and strategic partners. You will be a hands-on contributor to our core BI but can also leverage our data science team to get things done.
carwow has a unique data position in the automotive industry and we strive to be the leading edge of deep industry insights.
What you will do
- Lead company-wide business intelligence & reporting across UK, Germany & Spain
- Be obsessed with cohort behaviour & deeply understanding our user behaviour
- Own our BI stack & strategy (Tableau, Google Analytics, Amplitude etc.)
- Democratise data for every function at carwow
- Work with commercial & finance teams on tracking core KPIs
- Work with Marketing teams (PPC, YouTube, SEO, Social) on building actionable reporting either through our core database or external APIs
- Work with Analysts across the company to ensure data accuracy, help to build top-notch visualisation
- Take our understanding of business performance to the next level
- Strong SQL skills - we mainly use Snowflake
- Expert knowledge of BI tools such as Tableau, Looker, Power BI or similar
- Experience working with large datasets and APIs
- Knowledge of Python is preferred
- Experience with cloud-based data engineering is preferred
- A proven track record of applying BI commercially and delivering actionable insights
- You have 4+ years of experience in a tech/ e-commerce business
- You have great people skills and enjoy dealing with stakeholders, ideally with a consultancy background
- You enjoy working in a fast pace, startup environment
- You are independent and can find and execute work very efficiently
At carwow, we believe diversity of experience (whether that be personal or professional), contributes to a broader perspective and will lead to a more innovative company. We’re working hard to increase the diversity of our team and be more inclusive, so if you’re not sure you fit all of the requirements, why not get in touch? Above all, we’re looking for people with drive who share our company values (you can view them here).
- A competitive salary and equity in the company
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays on top
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Regular lunch & learn sessions with a wide range of external, inspiring speakers
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks, and whole company, international events (we’ve been skiing to Austria and France and hosted our very own carwow Olympics)
- carwow fitness and well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga lessons, squash, football, and tennis
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces - let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here