At carwow, we’re aiming to create the best car-buying experience in the world. Buying a car is normally the 2nd biggest financial decision people face (after buying a house), and it’s a complex one. There are many issues people face throughout the process, and we aim to fix them.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better, so if you’re curious, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
carwow is looking for a Product designer to join our expanding team, headed up by our Head of Design who has over 10 years of digital design experience. Day-to-day you’ll be working and delivering final outcomes within an Agile product team. Candidates will have prior experience of discovery workshops, weekly sprints and designing for multivariate tests.
Design as a force for good
Design at carwow has a user centric approach, they are placed at the heart of our Product thinking and development, powering car buyers to make the best car buying decision.
The ideal candidate
You have 3+ years of experience working for an e-commerce or online marketplace company. You have a portfolio showcasing three case studies, clearly presenting the product design process of defining a user problem, creating user flows, sitemaps, wire-framing and UI prototyping a responsive website from a mobile first perspective. Be comfortable working on an idea from concept to delivering the final solution.
What you'll be doing
- Working with designers, product managers and developers to design best-in-class new features and products from concept to final delivery.
- Producing wireframes, prototypes and production ready design for development.
- Helping to define and develop our Design Language System, ensuring our design work meets our high standards of consistency and quality.
- Working closely with Product Managers to understand the requirements of a project, including user stories, business requirements and user acceptance criteria.
- Championing the importance of good design throughout the organisation.
- Continuous learning, carwow believes in supporting and educating junior members of the team to grow and step up to the next level in professional development
- You have already gained three+ years of experience working at a digital agency or tech company
- Robust portfolio of work with at least three UX/UI case studies
- User-centred focused design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You're able to work from sketches and mockups, to wireframes, to polished UI prototypes
- You can clearly articulate ideas and design decisions, annotate interactions and handover notes to developers
- Be comfortable in building digital experiences
- Knowledge of front-end development
- Good skills with design and prototyping software (Sketch, InVision, AdobeCC)
- A competitive salary and equity in the company
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays on top
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Regular lunch & learn sessions with a wide range of external, inspiring speakers
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks, and whole company, international events (we’ve been skiing to Austria and France and hosted our very own carwow Olympics)
- carwow fitness and well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga lessons, squash, football, and tennis
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces - let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here
At carwow, we believe diversity of experience (whether that be personal or professional), contributes to a broader perspective and will lead to a more innovative company. We’re working hard to increase the diversity of our team and be more inclusive, so if you’re not sure you fit all of the requirements, why not get in touch? Above all, we’re looking for people with drive who share our company values (you can view them here).