Chief People Officer
At carwow, we’re aiming to create the best car-buying experience in the world. Buying a car is normally the 2nd biggest financial decision people face (after buying a house), and it’s a complex one. There are many issues people face throughout the process, and we aim to fix them.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by Daimler and some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £75m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better, so if you’re curious, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge. We're not petrolheads, we're just relentlessly driven and passionate about creating the best car buying experience for consumers.
Reporting to the CEO and leading your own team of People & Talent people, you’ll be accountable for setting and delivering the people strategy and agenda to drive the next stage of our growth.
carwow is looking for a Chief People Officer to support our dynamic and growing business. You will be a member of the Exec team and will provide leadership on all things People & Talent; and work globally and strategically to embed great People practices which are aligned with and enhance our core values.
Our People are central to our success and you’ll be critical to our, and their, ongoing growth and for ensuring our People are able to thrive. The role will be based in London; but working closely with our international teams.
- We are looking for a CPO to play a key part in growing carwow in all existing and future markets
- Reporting to the CEO and founder, you will take responsibility for People and Talent across all countries, currently:
- London HQ: 160 employees
- Munich: 50 employees
- Madrid: 15 employees
- You will lead a People team currently consisting of:
- People & Culture Lead (joining October)
- People & Culture Partner
- People Ops Manager
- Talent Acquisition Lead
- PA to CEO & People Project Manager (who has an Office Manager reporting to them)
- You will work closely with Office & People Managers in Germany, Spain and future international markets
- You will create the compensation and benefits strategy for carwow
- You will work closely with existing team members on internal communications
- You will join the Exec team and be a key part of all strategic discussions, advising especially on the impact of decisions on people and hiring
- You will be expected to be a very visible leader in the business, regularly speaking to the whole company
- You will exemplify great people management in your own team
- You care deeply about people and their success
- You are fascinated and always learning about how to motivate, lead and inspire different types of people
- To be successful you must have been the most senior People leader in a similar size or larger business
- You must have lead a People team before
- You’ve experienced great People and HR at another business, and want to apply lots of those learnings
- You have strong emotional intelligence and are a naturally positive & warm person who inspires trust
- You must be a great communicator, clear and motivating in all forms of communication
- You must be able to demonstrate success using clear targets and goals to run your teams
- You must be organised with your time
- You must be a charismatic and inspirational leader
- Our ideal candidate has worked in a VC or PE backed digital business
- Our ideal candidate has been responsible for People across international countries
- Automotive experience is not at all necessary
- A competitive salary and equity in the company
- Private medical health insurance and subsidised gym membership
- Competitive maternity, paternity leave and return to work policy
- 26 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks, and an annual ski trip
- carwow fitness & well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga lessons, squash, football, and tennis
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces (let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here)
At carwow, we believe diversity of experience (whether that be personal or professional), contributes to a broader perspective and will lead to a more innovative company. We’re working hard to increase the diversity of our team and be more inclusive, so if you’re not sure you fit all of the requirements, why not get in touch? Above all, we’re looking for people with drive who share our company values (you can view them here).