At carwow, we’re aiming to create the best car-buying experience in the world. Buying a car is normally the 2nd biggest financial decision people face (after buying a house), and it’s a complex one. There are many issues people face throughout the process, and we aim to fix them.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by Daimler and some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £75m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better, so if you’re curious, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge. We're not petrolheads, we're just relentlessly driven and passionate about creating the best car buying experience for consumers.
carwow are hiring a Product Manager to join their growing team in London. This is the perfect role for someone with an interest in moving into product management (one of the most exciting jobs in tech) and the opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading product for a core growth area of carwow
- Working with a cross-functional team including a designer, multiple engineers and data support
- Working closely with a former BCG project leader and with senior PMs with previous consulting experience
- Helping build and define the product roadmap by collecting and analysing data from multiple stakeholders, including dealers, manufacturers and consumers
- Taking ownership of key areas of the product, monitoring their usage and defining the metrics that will measure success
- Gathering feedback from customers, data on how people are interacting with the website, and commercial reasoning to prioritise a backlog
- Keeping track of industry trends
- Following the progress of work and address production issues during sprints
- You have an excellent academic background
- You’ve had some great experience working in a commercial or consulting role for at least 2-3 years (i.e investment banking / M&A, new products assessment, market entry strategy, general manager role in a high growth start-up, business development)
- You have an outstanding ability to think on your feet and tackle intellectually challenging problems.
- You're highly analytical and used to using complex data to make decisions. When you’re presented with data, analysis should be a reflex.
- You're forward-thinking, ambitious and a great communicator
- You're great at prioritising and not afraid to say no
- You love working autonomously, but you are able to earn the trust of others with a collaborative style
- You excel at managing stakeholders, while also confident in voicing your own opinions and challenging others
- You ideally have experience working in a product management-focused role (not required)
- Experience in marketplaces (not required)
- A competitive salary and equity in the company
- Private medical health insurance and subsidised gym membership
- Competitive maternity, paternity leave and return to work policy
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas eve off
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks, and an annual ski trip
- carwow fitness & well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga lessons, squash, football, and tennis
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces (let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here)
At carwow, we believe diversity of experience (whether that be personal or professional), contributes to a broader perspective and will lead to a more innovative company. We’re working hard to increase the diversity of our team and be more inclusive, so if you’re not sure you fit all of the requirements, why not get in touch? Above all, we’re looking for people with drive who share our company values (you can view them here).