Senior UX Researcher
carwow is looking for a Senior UX Researcher to join the UK’s number one online car buying marketplace at our new office in London, Victoria.
We make choosing and buying your perfect car easy and enjoyable. By comparing the best offers from our top local and national dealers, you get the car you want, from the dealer you like best, at a price that’s right for you.
We are looking for a Senior User Researcher to join our expanding Product team. The role reports directly to our Head of Design with over 20 years experience. Day-to-day you’ll be running our user testing program and leading and mentoring a Junior User Researcher. You will also be responsible for finding participants, conducting user testing sessions and analysing qualitative and quantitative data and sharing your insights with co-workers such as Product Designers and Managers.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead all aspects of the qualitative research process, from scoping and recruiting, to method selection, analysis and presentation
- Design and conduct studies across key product areas, utilizing methods such as ethnographic/field research, diary studies, surveys, user/usability testing (remote and in-person), and any other methods you find impactful
- Generate insights that fuel new product ideas and improve our current offerings
- Run and conduct user testing in our in-house testing lab
- Recruit participants, prepare discussion guides, and moderate research sessions
- Evangelise user insights to the team and the wider organisation, so that they share a deep understanding of our users
- Partner with our product team made up of engineers, designers, and product managers to define actionable outcomes
- Own our suite of qualitative and quantitative research tools
- Teach, support, and inspire our junior researcher
- You are experienced in UX Research/ User Experience for a B2B, B2C, or Mobile product
- Previous experience leading and mentoring junior researchers
- Proven success influencing product and design decisions based on research insights
- Display a strong comprehension of the strengths and limitations of the different research methods, inclusive of when and how to apply each in product/market/consumer analysis
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal – a storyteller and who can form relationships with a diverse set of business partners
- Experience working on multiple projects at a time
- Display a real passion for communicating product recommendations driven by the users’ needs and behaviours
We believe diversity of experience (whether that be personal or professional), contributes to a broader perspective and will lead to a better company with highly innovative products and solutions. We’re working hard to increase the diversity of our team and be more inclusive, so if you’re not sure you fit the criteria, why not get in touch? We value confidence whilst being humble, so are keen to meet those with talent who are the right fit.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We've just been ranked 6th in the Financial Times' Top 1000 Fastest Growing Companies in Europe. We’re relentlessly driven and constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better. If you’re proactive, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
We offer a wide range of benefits, these include:
- A competitive salary
- Equity in the company
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces (let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- 5 days additional holiday for new parents a year, for their children’s first 3 years
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working hours with the opportunity to work from home one day a week
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks and an annual ski trip
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- carwow fitness and well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga, netball, football, dodgeball, and tennis