Agency Sales Manager
carwow makes choosing and buying your perfect car easy and enjoyable. By comparing the best offers from our top local and national dealers, you get the car you want, from the dealer you like best, at a price that’s right for you.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich, and Madrid. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. So fast, in fact, that we've just been ranked 6th in the Financial Times' Top 1000 Fastest Growing Companies in Europe.
We’re relentlessly driven and constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better. If you’re proactive, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
The team & role:
The Manufacturer (OEM) team are a fast growing team within carwow and exist to build strategic relationships with manufacturers and their media planning partners.
Our interactions with media agencies are growing rapidly and we're keen to improve the way we partner with them. As a result, we are seeking an outstanding candidate to lead and develop these relationships.
We offer a unique proposition to our partners. We are a relentlessly customer focussed platform, offering media agencies deep insight into customer and brand behaviour. Using this data, we build bespoke, native advertising partnerships to help get key messages across to the right customers, at the right time.
In this role you will be the key contact for carwow with media agencies and responsible for building deep, lasting partnerships between both parties. You will be responsible for developing relationships, pitching to new clients and leading the operational delivery of key advertising and data activities. In addition, you’ll also be a key player in evolving our media strategy, working closely with our marketing, product and data teams.
- Build and develop strong relationships with key media agency partners across their business up to a senior level
- Ensure carwow is front-and-centre in the minds of Agency Planners, Strategists, Account Directors and Business Directors with the target of establishing carwow as a core digital partner in each quarterly planning cycle
- Be responsible for finessing the current media strategy and for the continuous improvement of the proposition, in collaboration with our data science and product teams
- Understand and research key performance metrics by brand to build bespoke data-driven, advertising proposals
- Be responsible for delivering advertising revenue targets by proactively building and maintaining a pipeline of sales targets, contacts, and sales opportunities
- Ensure that media agencies are given insightful, clear and timely reporting on ongoing projects for media agencies and manufacturers
- Work with our data team to develop our tracking, attribution modelling, bespoke report queries and performance reporting
This role requires someone with bags of drive, who will be used to owning big projects. You’ll take a hands-on approach to supporting the exponential growth aspirations of carwow.
You need to:
- Know the media agency world inside out - ideally with significant experience working in a senior role within an agency or working closely with media agencies (automotive media experience is ideal but not a must)
- Be highly analytical and commercially savvy, ideally degree educated
- Be comfortable distilling complex insights and presenting this with clarity
- Be adaptable - our media agency proposition is tailored, native and data driven - it’s not just selling standard IAB formats
- Have a successful track record in closing and delivering large, complex advertising activities with key stakeholders
- Personality wise you’ll be polished, interesting, intelligent, energetic and a real self-starter
- Be highly articulate and be comfortable thinking on your feet - especially with senior decision makers
- Be confident and possessing a can do attitude
- Ideally have an understanding of the automotive sector [optional]
- A competitive salary
- Equity in the company
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces (let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- 5 days additional holiday for new parents a year, for their children’s first 3 years
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working hours with the opportunity to work from home one day a week
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks and an annual ski trip
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- carwow fitness and well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga, netball, football, dodgeball, and tennis