Product & Strategy Internship (paid)
carwow is looking for an Intern to join the UK’s number one online car buying platform at our central London office, working in the New Products team.
Location: London, Victoria
Start date: February 2019
carwow make choosing and buying your perfect car easy and enjoyable. By comparing the best offers from our top local and national dealers, you get the car you want, from the dealer you like best, at a price that’s right for you.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in central London, Munich, Madrid. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We've just been ranked 6th in the Financial Times' Top 1000 Fastest Growing Companies in Europe. We’re relentlessly driven and constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better. If you’re proactive, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
This internship will be aligned with the New Product teams, working primarily with Product Managers and leaders on the proposition/commercial development side to launch new products:
- Support the team with operational processes, launch, and analysis tasks to drive the success of new product launches
- Contributing to the leasing and used car feeds process, working to transform data and ensuring
accuracy on the carwow website
- Carry out performance analysis, distilling relevant insights to help drive growth through interacting with product and account managers
- Attend weekly New Product focus meetings to understand and track progress, supporting
cross functionality between teams.
- Help review interactions with dealers and customers, ensuring enquiry handling best practice is maintained
- Use data analysis for deck creation, ready for client facing meetings
- Use data visualisation tools such as Tableau to convey analysis results.
- Working with senior members of the team with experience in The Boston Consulting Group, Morgan Stanley, PwC
This role offers a great deal of autonomy with the chance to add significant experience to your CV from one of the most exciting areas of the business. As ever there is always the possibility of a full position for the right candidate.
●Recent graduate from university available for a minimum of 6 months.
● An interest in startups.
● Outstanding academic performance at university (preferably in the field of Engineering, Business and Economics, or Mathematics) with a minimum of a 2:1 grade.
● Ambitious self-starter, quick learner with an entrepreneurial mindset.
● Creative with the confidence to pursue your own ideas and drive them forward
● An excellent level of numerical competency and the ability to work capably with Excel (or learn really fast)
● Easy relationship building for working with lots of different business areas
● Beneficial but not required: an interest in cars and coding experience.
● Right to work in the UK - Sorry, we are not able to sponsor any visas for this role.
Joining this small, but fast growing team, we need someone who is adaptable to change and able to take on tasks and responsibilities as they arise.
We believe diversity of experience (whether that be personal or professional), contributes to a broader perspective and will lead to a better company with highly innovative products and solutions. We’re working hard to increase the diversity of our team and be more inclusive, so if you’re not sure you fit the criteria, why not get in touch?
We value confidence whilst being humble, so are keen to meet those with talent who are the right fit.
We offer a wide range of benefits, these include:
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces (let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here)
- A wide variety of learning and development opportunities, including German classes and coding lessons from our very own developers
- 25 days holiday (pro rata), plus bank holidays
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks and an annual ski trip
- carwow fitness and well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga, netball, football, dodgeball, and tennis