At carwow, we’re aiming to create the best car-buying experience in the world. Buying a car is normally the 2nd biggest financial decision people face (after buying a house), and it’s a hugely complex one. There are many issues people face throughout the process, and we aim to fix them.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better, so if you’re curious, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
We’re looking for a Product Director to lead carwow through a very exciting part of our journey. We’ve grown very nicely with our current offering and are now making big fundamental improvements to our existing products and in building totally new products to serve our customers better.
We want carwow’s product team and processes to be known as world-class, and this role will be responsible for making this happen.
There are currently 7 product teams and we're looking for someone to run them. The teams are working across everything from solving consumer problems, to improving editorial parts of the site, to dealer tools, to products for car manufacturers. The exciting, and complicated, part about the issues we are trying to solve are partly in that car-buying is such an emotional and also big financial decision, we’re a three-sided marketplace (buyers, manufacturers, dealers), and work across multiple international markets. You can read more about our team of product managers here.
We believe great design is a key competitive advantage, this role will have our design team reporting to them; we want design thinking throughout our product planning and creation, to create clear and intuitive products for our customers.
- Significant experience and knowledge of product management
- Customer first approach
- Love working on creating processes that work smoothly for everyone involved
- An inspirational leader, and coach, who people love working for and with
- Commercially strong, with experience working in a business outside of just product teams
- Decisive. Not afraid to say no to anyone at any level, not afraid to make the hard decisions
- Places a strong value in great product design
- Experience working closely with a data team, using customer data to drive decision-making (incl. A/B testing, User Testing (done-in-house), Analytics, etc).
- A great communicator. Able to get people excited and behind ideas, great at training teams to communicate effectively with the whole business
- Experience running product across multiple teams in a high-growth company
- No car industry experience required
- A competitive salary and equity in the company
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays on top
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks, and whole company, international events (we’ve been skiing to Austria and France and hosted our very own carwow Olympics)
- carwow fitness and well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga lessons, squash, football, and tennis
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces - let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here
At carwow, we believe diversity of experience (whether that be personal or professional), contributes to a broader perspective and will lead to a more innovative company. We’re working hard to increase the diversity of our team and be more inclusive, so if you’re not sure you fit all of the requirements, why not get in touch? Above all, we’re looking for people with drive who share our company values (you can view them here).