carwow empowers and informs people when they buy a car. Buying a car is people’s 2nd biggest financial decision, and a hugely complex and usually emotional one. There’s lots of issues people have, we aim to fix them.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in central London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs, including Balderton, Accel and Vitruvian, and have raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We've just been ranked 6th in the Financial Times' Top 1000 Fastest Growing Companies in Europe.
We’re relentlessly driven and constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better. If you’re proactive, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
We’re looking for a Product Director to lead carwow through a very exciting part of our journey. We’ve grown very nicely with our current offering and are now making big fundamental improvements to our existing products and in building totally new products to serve our customers better.
We want carwow’s product team and processes to be known as world-class, and this role will be responsible for making this happen.
There’s currently 7 product teams, working across everything from solving consumer problems, to improving editorial parts of the site, to dealer tools, to products for car manufacturers. You can read more about our team of product managers here.
We believe great design is a key competitive advantage, this role will have our design team reporting to them; we want design thinking throughout our product planning and creation, to create clear and intuitive products for our customers.
- Customer first approach
- Love working on creating processes that work smoothly for everyone involved
- An inspirational leader, and coach, who people love working for and with
- Commercially strong, with experience working in a business outside of just product teams
- Decisive. Not afraid to say no to anyone at any level, not afraid to make the hard decisions
- Places a strong value in great product design
- Experience working closely with a data team, using customer data to drive decision-making (incl. A/B testing, User Testing (done-in-house), Analytics, etc).
- A great communicator. Able to get people excited and behind ideas, great at training teams to communicate effectively with the whole business
- Experience running product across multiple teams in a high-growth company
- No car industry experience required
We offer a wide range of benefits, these include:
- A competitive salary
- Equity in the company
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces (let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- 5 days additional holiday for new parents a year, for their children’s first 3 years
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working hours with the opportunity to work from home one day a week
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks and an annual ski trip
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- carwow fitness and well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga, netball, football, dodgeball, and tennis