Head of Growth Marketing
carwow makes choosing and buying your perfect car easy and enjoyable. By comparing the best offers from our top local and national dealers, you get the car you want, from the dealer you like best, at a price that’s right for you.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 190+ based in central London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We've just been ranked 6th in the Financial Times' Top 1000 Fastest Growing Companies in Europe. We’re relentlessly driven and constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better. If you’re proactive, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
- We are looking for a full time employee to join our marketing team in a critical role to the business.
- Reporting to the CMO and Product Director, you will take responsibility for leading a growth marketing team to help attack & improve conversion throughout our product and broader customer experience. You will also have responsibility for broader product marketing and how we link customer insight to the way we express and position the products and services we build.
- Using smart and well established growth methodologies, of hypothesising, testing, learning, repeating, you will be excited about leading a tight team of colleagues to turn those tests into reality. That tight team will comprise of a developer, designer and an analyst; small, nimble and fast.
- You will lead the way we take customer insight and work with the rest of the business (notably, product) to help create a more joined up customer experience. Only once we have insight about a customer/potential customer throughout the business will we truly deliver on being a customer-first business.
- On a day to day basis, you will work closely with the whole marketing team, plus lead your own growth marketing team, and be part of shaping new business critical initiatives - effectively you will be both the voice of the customer at carwow and a key person to use that voice to drive improved conversion in our site. This will mean being involved with the day to day operations of different product teams, working with 3rd party research partners and also other marketing teams (CRM, PPC, Display). You will also have a role working on the viability and positioning of new innovations at carwow. You will have the opportunity to work on cross-carwow initiatives (helping translate who our customer is across different teams, like Engineering and Sales) and presenting in company meetings when relevant.
- The role is new to carwow and the candidate will need to embody a start-up mindset; it’s likely the right candidate will need to flex their workload and time to work on a variety of projects with different teams.
- You will be working closely with everyone in marketing to embed customer understanding the business, but there will be a specific focus on CRM and how we link both our reactive and automated emails into our product in a deeper way.
- You will direct the growth marketing team. But this is still a business (at all levels) with a strong ‘player manager’ mentality. We require a ‘sleeves rolled up’ attitude and the right candidate won’t envisage themselves as a thinker-only; it’s both action and strategy.
- This role forms the backbone of the evolution of the carwow marketing team away from siloes and towards a joined-up, connected team with customer at the core. With smart marketing/growth tactics deployed to drive customer conversion through our product.
- Experience with growth marketing specifically (not just generic marketing) within a technology business
- Deep desire to make things better by creating a product that appeals to our target audience/s
- Experience in taking insight and considering if a new product innovation would appeal to those customers
- Very strong bias to action, thinking smartly at pace is vital
- Builds relationships easily - can motivate a team of non-marketers to be similarly action oriented and passionate about growth marketing
- Able to talk confidently and intelligently about commercial and marketing strategy
- Confident presenter and able to get (sometimes) complex strategies across to everyone
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical, marketing or business discipline or equivalent
Our ideal candidates will also have:
- An understanding of performance and digital marketing and how customer insight can help improve the performance of these areas (including PPC, digital/social ads, SEO and CRM)
- Experience running a product or data team, whether full time or for specific projects
- Able to interpret and analyse data easily, though no formal data science experience needed
- Self starting experience and able to thrive in an environment not yet full of process
- Entrepreneurial, experienced a high growth/start-up business before
- International experience - German and Spanish would be beneficial but not essential
- Have a general interest in cars and the auto market, but it’s not a requirement, there’s actually very few car geeks at carwow!
We offer a wide range of benefits, these include:
- A competitive salary
- Equity in the company
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces (let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- 5 days additional holiday for new parents a year, for their children’s first 3 years
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working hours with the opportunity to work from home one day a week
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks and an annual ski trip
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- carwow fitness and well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga, netball, football, dodgeball, and tennis