Accounts Receivable / Credit Controller Clerk
carwow makes choosing and buying your perfect car easy and enjoyable. By comparing the best offers from our top local and national dealers, you get the car you want, from the dealer you like best, at a price that’s right for you.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. So fast, in fact, that we've just been ranked 6th in the Financial Times' Top 1000 Fastest Growing Companies in Europe.
We’re relentlessly driven and constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better. If you’re proactive, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
You will be able to earn real-world, fast-paced financial and accounting experience as part of a diverse, thriving team.
About the role:
We are looking to recruit an accounts receivable / credit controller to support the finance team. This role is based within the Finance team of five people where you will own the day-to-day running of the accounts receivable function and act as the lead of the end to end process.
The role will be focused on helping us ensure our dealers are paying us in accordance with our payment terms. The role will require working closely with the account management and revenue operations teams to help resolve any dealer queries which hold up payment.
The role will involve:
- Chasing payment for invoices, over email and on the phone
- Keeping track of dealers who consistently pay late, and looking to identify reasons for overdue payments
- Processing and verifying incoming payments
- Monitoring the finance inbox to ensure dealer queries are answered in a timely fashion
- Preparing invoices and credit notes
- Dealing with queries from dealers
- Reconciling the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Interest in accounting and learning basic accounting principles
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good communication and problem-solving skills with the ability to make rational decisions based on relevant information
- Xero/Netsuite experience would be an advantage
- Previous experience in a similar role is desirable but not necessary
We offer a wide range of benefits, these include:
- A competitive salary
- Equity in the company
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces (let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- 5 days additional holiday for new parents per year, for their children’s first 3 years
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working hours with the opportunity to work from home one day a week
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks and large annual company trips (last year was a ski trip!)
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- carwow fitness and well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga, football, basketball and tennis