We are looking for a highly experienced Video Editor to join our world-class Video team in London. You will be creating videos for an online audience and editing videos to a very high standard. This is a great opportunity to put your passion for cars and success into practice in this fast-paced industry.
At carwow, we’re aiming to create the best car-buying experience in the world. Buying a car is often the 2nd biggest financial decision people face (after buying a house), and it’s a hugely complex one. There are many issues people face throughout the process, and we aim to fix them. We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better; so if you’re curious, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
About the role
- Working with Samantha James (our Producer), you’ll take responsibility for editing high quality videos to a tight deadline. carwow was no.1 in the world in November 2018 for car reviews. We want to reach that goal again! We strive to be leading the industry of car sales and car-based video entertainment.
- On a daily basis you will be in our centrally located, open plan Victoria office with the occasional day helping out on a drag race shoot (once or twice a month).
- It’s a very high energy and demanding role to produce content to the quality we expect and as quickly as we do, so we work hard and smart.
- You will have the opportunity to contribute ideas for content and should bring new editing techniques to the table, constantly asking “How can we make it better?”
- The video team is like a family, carwow is a home from home. We spend a lot of time together going through the challenges of striving for success, helping each other through the busy times and celebrating the highs.
- We are all very passionate about carwow’s mission and want to be the VERY best!
About the team
We have fun with our work and add a lot of comedy to our videos. We have a relaxed attitude alongside a high energy work ethic; we are looking for someone that will flourish in this dynamic.
- Be able to demonstrate and have evidence of high standard editing work, creating videos for clients.
- Be able to use Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects on and Apple Mac
- Have experience of being effective in a fast paced, high energy environment.
- Be able to work under time pressure and hit deadlines.
- Be able to think creatively, coming up with new ideas for techniques and content.
- Be confident but humble - a very good editor but willing to learn the carwow video team workflow.
It’ll be great if you have:
- Experience in other Adobe applications such as Photoshop.
- Experience in creating videos for an online audience.
- Experience in making video content about cars, writing scripts or car based journalism.
- A passion for cars.
If you are the one we’ve been waiting for, please apply through carwow.co.uk/jobs, making sure to include a link to your most recent showreel hosted online.
Please make sure your Covering Letter provides details of:
- What attracts you to carwow/this role
- Why you think you are a great fit with our culture and values
- Why you think your experiences to date makes you a great candidate
At carwow, we believe diversity of experience (whether that be personal or professional), contributes to a broader perspective and will lead to a more innovative company. We’re working hard to increase the diversity of our team and be more inclusive, so if you’re not sure you fit all of the requirements, why not get in touch? Above all, we’re looking for people with drive who share our company values (you can view them here).
- A competitive salary and equity in the company
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays on top
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks, and whole company, international events (we’ve been skiing to Austria and France and hosted our very own carwow Olympics)
- carwow fitness and well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga lessons, squash, football, and tennis
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces (let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here)