Operations Manager - Used cars
At carwow, we’re aiming to create the best car-buying experience in the world. Buying a car is normally the 2nd biggest financial decision people face (after buying a house), and it’s a hugely complex one. There are many issues people face throughout the process, and we aim to fix them. We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better, so if you’re curious, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
This new exciting role sits within our New Propositions team based in Victoria, central London. You will be the internal phase of used cars, by defining and implementing new processes, and driving insights to foster growth in the used car business. This is a high impact role and is an initial step towards being Head of Used cars.
What you’ll be doing:
Being the face of used cars internally and externally
- Liaise with other parts of the business (e.g. account management, sales, trading, B2B marketing, CRM) to ensure that used cars is appropriately considered in all relevant decisions
- Prepare and update selling materials to feed our sales and account management team
- Building long term relationships with used car senior executives at dealer groups
- Attend regular meetings with dealer groups at all levels (C-level, FD, dealership) to provide product managers with the most relevant insights
Building scalable and efficient processes to optimize used car supply
- Constantly thinking about how to optimize the used car business model to drive growth
- Building scalable and efficient processes with other areas to ensure that used cars business can scale rapidly and efficiently
- Analyzing and identifying potential opportunities to optimize our used car supply aligned with current and future demand
Driving insights to foster growth
- Working with our trading and data science team to prepare relevant analysis and distill insights to drive growth for used cars
- Defining KPIs for the used car business (both demand and supply) and tracking progress
Running special projects and… what about later?
- Running special projects within the used car team (e.g. partnerships) with key focus on problem solving and execution
- Growing in the role to be able to progress towards Head of Used cars
- You have an excellent academic background
- Proven experience in applying well-developed problem solving skills (quantitative, conceptual, analytical)
- You have an outstanding ability to think on your feet and tackle intellectually challenging problems
- You're highly analytical and used to using complex data to make decisions. When you’re presented with data, analysis should be a reflex
- You're forward-thinking, ambitious and a great communicator
- You love working autonomously, but you are able to earn the trust of others with a collaborative style
- You excel at managing stakeholders, while also confident in voicing your own opinions and challenging others
- You are very keen on technology and start-ups.
- Ideally, you’ve had some great experience working in management consulting, investment banking or equivalent high pace environment
A competitive salary and equity in the company
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays on top
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks, and whole company, international events (we’ve been skiing to Austria and France and hosted our very own carwow Olympics)
- carwow fitness and well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga lessons, squash, football, and tennis
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces (let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here)
At carwow, we believe diversity of experience (whether that be personal or professional), contributes to a broader perspective and will lead to a more innovative company. We’re working hard to increase the diversity of our team and be more inclusive, so if you’re not sure you fit all of the requirements, why not get in touch? Above all, we’re looking for people with drive who share our company values (you can view them here).